Planning and preparations are afoot here at Our Saviour Lutheran Church as we are now only two months away from the first annual St. Mark’s Conference. With that in mind, please take note of the following updates… but before you do, please take a moment now to register for the conference if you are planning on attending. Follow this link and scroll down to the registration information at the bottom of page.
We look forward to seeing you in April. A blessed Lententide to you and yours!
Conference presenters finalized
We are most pleased to announce that St. Mark’s Conference attendees will have the privilege of hearing two more presentations in addition to the keynote addresses delivered by Pastor Petersen and Dr. Mackay.
The Rev’d Eric R. Andrae of First Trinity Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Pittsburgh will be speaking on the evangelical and catholic witness of the sainted Swedish Lutheran bishop, the Rt. Rev’d Bo Giertz; and the Rev’d Roy Axel Coats, pastor of the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer (LCMS) in Baltimore will present on the relationship between dogmatics and preaching in the work of the great seventeenth-century Lutheran theologian Johann Gerhard.
Updated Conference Schedule
Monday, April 25 (St. Mark’s Day)
- 11:00 AM – Divine Service of St. Mark’s Day
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 2:00 PM – Opening remarks
- 2:30 PM – The Rev’d Eric R. Andrae – “‘Awake, O sleeper’: Bo Giertz Proclaims the Word”
- 3:45 PM – The Rev’d Roy Axel Coats – “Dogmatics and Preaching in the Theology of Johann Gerhard”
- 5:00 PM – Solemn Vespers followed by Gemütlichkeit in church undercroft
Tuesday, April 26
- 9:00 AM – Matins
- 9:30 AM – The Rev’d David H. Petersen – “Preaching and the Liturgy”
- 11:00 PM – Divine Service
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 2:00 PM – Dr. Leo S. Mackay, Jr. – “Preaching and the Liturgy— A Layman’s Perspective”
- 3:00 PM – Panel Discussion
- 4:00 PM – Closing remarks and Itinerarium